Saturday 7 May 2011

Farewell Health & Happiness, welcome Mashi Potato, grrrrr.....

To become my former self, energised, healthy, active, motivated & most importantly happy!!

In October 2010, I thought seriously, life couldnt get any better for me, unless of course we'd won the lotto, owned a beach house on the Sunny Coast and money was no object!  I had just completed my first Half Marathon in Melbourne (St George, Melbourne Marathon), taking a weekend away from my tiddly peeps and husband, I got the opportunity to take a breather and asess my life.  

At 34, I believed I had all I wanted and needed in my life, a really happy family, health & personal happiness.  I was also enjoying my job and finally finding a great balance between motherhood, employment and time for myself to do something I enjoy, running.

Six months later, feeling like a freight train hit me, I have received diagnoses of an Auto-Immune Disease 'Hashimoto'.  A rather common complaint of women around the world, so I have read, Thyroid related problems, affects many women and men, my own version of Thyroid ill health is 'Hashimoto Disease'.  Until recently, I had never really considered how important my thyroid is in my body and more importantly the health of my thyroid.

I have taken inspiration from a few other 'Wellness Warrior's', women and are following their blogs and sites.  I have decided to take control of my health & happiness (two things now M.I.A.), I am to become CEO, Wellness Warrior for my own self. 

I plan to make a 'plan' and post here as to the information I have found along the way and what has worked and what hasn't worked for me as I 'Farewell Mashi Potato' disease.

Will I ever farewell Mashi Potato Disease? Remains to be seen, I'd like to have given it a real good kick in the gutts and put it back in it's place.  Here's for positive thinking and positive changes in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment